20 before I'm 20

22.2.18
Last night I had the dawning realisation that my last teenage years are very quickly slipping away from me. 20 is looming. Yet, instead of being daunted by the expectations of serious adulthood I thought now would be a good moment to make the most of the now and my fun teenage years. 

My little 9 month bucket list may not seem particularly wild or expansive, but given the limited time before I enter my second decade, I'd like to make the goals realistic and hopefully complete them! 




  1. Slightly boring one to start, but, get a decent first year university grade I'm proud of. 
  2. Learn Italian! A language I've always loved and may be very necessary for future adventures. 
  3. Get an article published in a newspaper and actually see my work in print. 
  4. From that, in general write more articles! Especially taking on opportunities or topics I might not usually work on for both my blog and wider publications. 
  5. Watch the sunrise over Clifton suspension bridge. 
  6. Go on a European city break. (Potentially already planned - watch this space!) 
  7. Change my hair style; how drastic! But as I'm sure many can relate to, the scares left by some awful early teenage side fringes and drastic bobs are real. It's time to mix things up a little now though...
  8. Go to a festival I haven't been to yet and find some more new music. 
  9. Plant a tree (yay environment) 
  10. Write more poetry. 
  11. Soppy one: take more photos of the people and moments I love because memories are super important and life is moving fast and when I'm old I want to show the grand kids I used to be vaguely cool. 
  12. Go to a carnival with my chums and have my uni friends come to my home town at summer and have long beach days together. 
  13. Make a homely second year house. I'm so excited to live with a wonderful bunch of people next academic year and to make it our homely space. 
  14. Take my mum for a really special surprise day out because she deserves it and is always the one planning and rather than having a lovely stress free day planned for her. 
  15. From a more personal point I want to learn how to be confident and comfortable in my own skin without make up. If you're confident without enhancement, then I bet you'd absolutely boss with it. I imagine this will be very empowering and I'm taking steps towards this already. 
  16. Get more involved with university societies, especially some sort of charity work hopefully working to help homelessness which I've become starkly aware of since being in Bristol. Also, get involved with some sort of singing group as I've really let this slide since being in uni and I miss it so so much!! 
  17. Explore some career specific work experience or future opportunities I can actually get excited about. But also, don't stress too much about the future. Bit of a catch-22 this one, whoops. 
  18. Go camping with Tom. Sounds so simple but this is something we've been wanting to do for ages and this summer will definitely be the time to finally do it and be just us and the great outdoors - perf. 
  19. Make solid steps towards planning for and saving towards a really big adventure. This one links to goal number two and is something I am so driven to achieve. Give it a year or so and I'll hopefully be sharing some amazing stories with you all. 
  20. And finally, to just enjoy my time. Not get hung up on little things, spend quality time with friends and family, and always strive to live my best life. Cliché, but ultimately the most important of them all. 

So, there's my grand plan for my last teenage year and hopefully, this collection of goals will be achievable and I look forward to making my way through the list. Perhaps I'll write back when I've hit the big 2-0 and let you know what was achieved? For now, it's just nice to make an effort to do the things you love in life. 

Stay groovy, 

Laura  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram