Charity Shop Style: The Spring City Guide

2.4.18
 
             

Charity shopping has always been a firm favourite of mine. That unique buzz you get when you find a gem amongst the rails, messing around with all the whacky clothes and being faced with the most diverse selection. Sleek cocktail dresses next to chunky duffle coats, from Prada to Primark, the range is like no other.


The idea that charity shop clothes are dated and unstylish is frankly a myth; some of my most complimented pieces have been found in bargain buckets! The trends of today have developed from the fashion of the past, so you can almost guarantee that you’ll stumble upon some unique threads that are high-street worthy for a fraction of the price. So, I thought I’d put together my own example of how this sustainable fashion source can be styled in line with some of the current Spring trends, highlighting the charity shop pieces. All for the fashion conscious with a conscience. 


Black & Gold 


Clifton Village, Bristol



Long Woollen Overcoat 

Gold Glitter Shirt  

Gold Embroidered Mini Bag

  









Reg the Veg




This outfit is perfect for the colder transition into Spring, whilst the gold highlights bring out that summery touch. Streamline seams give a classy cut and the playful shimmer of the golden shirt captures those rare beams of sunshine. A vibrant pop of colour will help lift any darker shades and here, red boots put a 'spring' in my step. (Awful pun, I know.) The real treasure is the embroidered, velvet mini bag; I've seen so many elegant clutch style bags in charity shops which really do give any outfit a put-together finished look. 





Pretty in Pink 


Plastic Wax Records, Gloucester Road





         



Pink Chord Shirt 

Black Shirt-Dress 

Pop Art Style Ring


Stokes Croft



Bright Spring time shades matched with the trend set baggy dress, a combination perfect for city exploring. 

I had a lot of fun shooting these looks, although the prospect of my face being  in every capture was very scary. This is so far from what I normally post, but also so close to the new ideas I'm aiming to explore. Yes, I might look goofy or amateur at times, but it's a learning process I'm willing to undergo. I am not a model. Far, far from it. But, I do love clothes - particularly charity found ones - and that's a love I'm aiming to explore and share in this goofy way. 


The Crafty Egg, Stokes Croft



Sunday Cool


Gingham Cropped Trousers 

Navy 'Grandad' Cardie 

Coral Earrings 

  
Everyone needs that cool, comfy go to outfit for coffee with friends and sunny strolls. These gingham trousers are an absolute gem: wonderful cut, soft and light touch and only £3 (Topshop eat your heart out). Paired with a cosy cardigan and delicate touch earrings for an effortless sweet Sunday look to sit and watch the world go by. 




                


















Glitter In The Dark





Christmas Steps, Bristol










Silver Glitter Trousers 

Black Beaded Clutch 





Even the glitzy night out garms can be charity shop sourced! My flatmate couldn't believe I managed to find these stand out trousers in a charity shop. Perfect for a good ol' boogie!


I hope this has proved just how easily styled charity shop clothes can be! Here are just a handful of the Spring charity shop style outfits I put together and hopefully they give a little inspiration for new charity enthused looks; and as noted in my Sustainable Fashion post, your charity shop steals also help our planet.

I loved putting this piece together and hope it's something readers enjoy as I hope to create more fashion/style inspired posts and look books. A massive thank you to my lovely Tom who helped take all the fab photos and put up with my goofy angles and resting bitch face, he's a trooper. 

Happy Charity Shopping!

Laura x  







No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram